Let me preface this with, this is my first book blog post! And I had the idea, AFTER I’d already finished the book. So please bare with me as I remember what I read. I’m going to try to make this a habit, so my reviews will only get stronger as I keep going! I'm also trying to write this with no spoilers....we'll see how it goes. Let me know if you like this type of post in the comments.
YOU by Caroline Kepnes
Audible - 11 hours 6min
Genres: Thriller, Suspense, Psychological Fiction
NO SPOILERS! I PROMISE
1. Would you listen to this book again?
Yes. Totally. I think it's safe to say the general gist of the story will stick with me, but there are so many well written little moments that will be worth hearing again!
2. What was your initial reaction to the book? Did it hook you immediately, or take some time to get into?
I loved this book immediately. The voice of the narrator was perfect (literally, because I listened to this book on Audible and Santino Fontana was amazing, but also figuratively). The book gave you a look inside the main characters brain, his streaming consciousness was so truthful & entertaining.
3. Did you have an extreme reaction to this book? Did it make you laugh or cry?
I did laugh a bit, it was like one loud HA here and there. No crying, it’s not really the crying type of book.
4. How credible/believable did you find the narrator to be? Did you feel like you got the 'true' story?
I felt like the narrator was believable, there were a few moments I really had to suspend disbelief, but hey, it’s fiction.
5. What other books did this remind you of?
I can’t think of one to compare this book to! It was a unique read, I really appreciated how fresh this was! It didn’t feel recycled, predictable or generic at all.
6. Have you read/listened to anything else by this author?
Nope, but I will now! Oh, and I just found out YOU has a sequel, Hidden Bodies. I guess that’ll be my next read!