Right now in my life, I'm in a place where I need to reset my mindset. I've quit my 7 year long career path of corporate marketing. I'm lacking a little self confidence and need to put my big girl pants on and do what I've always wanted. WORK FOR MYSELF. And no, not just because it's trendy and duh, I want to be instafamous *hair flip.
After all these years, I can pinpoint what's really holding me back and, shocker, it's myself. More specifically, my ability to let myself fail. I am just petrified of failing, screwing up, making a huge mess. But you know, I really have to get over that if I ever want to push myself beyond those old corporate ways.
Now, I'm going to soak up all this knowledge from these books I've collected over the years. Yeah, those dusty old paper laden books that I've been using to style pictures of my desk. I made this list based on titles that were recommended to me from: entrepreneurs, independent business owners and even my mom.
I'll be updating here on my blog with my takeaways and ah-ha moments as I eat thru the list. What I'm hoping to get out of this is: to finishing a book (hey, gotta start small) & moving towards creating a new, positive, frame of mind. And ultimately, believe at my core that failure is relative and typically, where you learn & grow the most.
Are there any books that have given you any kind of "ah-ha" moment, or just really impacted your mindset for the better? If so lemme know, I'd love to add it to my list!
SELF - HELP
- ONE SMALL STEP CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE (The kaizen way) by Robert Maurer, PH.D.
- REWIRE (Change your brain to break bad habits, overcome addictions, conquer self-destructive behavior) by Richard O’Connor
- THE SUBTLE ART OF NOT GIVING A FUCK (a counterintuitive approach to living a good life) by Mark Manson
MYTHOLOGICAL - HUMAN STUDY
FINDING SUCCESS / PRODUCTIVITY
- EMPOWERMENT (the art of creating your life as you want it) by Gershon/Straub
- IT'S NOT HOW GOOD YOU ARE, IT'S HOW GOOD YOU WANT TO BE by Paul Arden
- GETTING THINGS DONE (the art of stress-free productivity) by David Allen
- NO EXCUSES! by Brian Tracy
- ABUNDANCE: THE FUTURE IS BETTER THAN YOU THINK by Peter H. Diamandis & Steven Kotler
- START WITH WHY by Simon Sinek
- GETTING TO YES (negotiating agreement without giving in) by Fisher, Ury & Patto
- GOOD TO GREAT by Jim Collins